Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Chanukah 5778 (2017)


Today is the first day of this year's traditional 8-day Chanukah celebration.  A few minutes ago, I published an essay for you about Chanukah in Israel, 2017.

After publishing the essay, I sent an email to my regular readers, to alert them that a new essay was now available.

Then, as sometimes happens, I spotted a typing error in the published text. I acted immediately to fix it.

Somewhere in the process of fixing that error, I made what was, in my opinion, a horrible mistake: I deleted the entire essay.

I tried to retrieve it. I couldn't. 

I am now convinced it's gone.  Forever.

Woe is me, right? I worked several hours today, as I usually do, to create this essay. Now, it has evaporated.

Woe is me, indeed.

I don't have the energy to recreate that essay. So I will 'cut to the chase' for you. Below, I post two short videos I had put into that essay. I will not attempt to redo the essay, to show you how I had originally linked the two videos.

Take a look at the two videos below about Chanukah. See what you think. 

The first video is by Yaakov Cohen  ("Carrying the torch: the menorah and the eternal Jewish people", aishyoutube, published December 6, 2017). It offers an intriguing view of what the Chanukah message is for us in 2017.









The second video is just plain Chanukah fun. It's about children. It's called,  "The Yeshiva boy's choir--Those  were the nights of  Chanukah", EG Productions, youtube, November 30, 2011.







Happy  Chanukah!


No comments:

Post a Comment